Sunday, September 13, 2020

Bonus Post: About me!

 I wasn’t sure if this was a required post that we had to have on our blog, but it looked fun, so I decided to do it either way!

Hi everyone, my name is Kathy Xiao, and I have an addiction to bubble tea, coffee, anything strawberry flavored, and all things cute. I’m a Game & Interactive Media Design major and plan on pursuing a minor in CS soon. I try to be super involved on campus; I’m involved with HPU E-Sports, Game Dev Club and Phi Mu! My favorite place to eat on campus is North College Diner,  but nothing beats Shinko Grill :).



I have a passion for both video games and art, so I decided to combine the two and pursue character design in games. A big inspiration of mine is the character art and design in Riot Games’ League of Legends, and I aspire to work at Riot Games one day. 

Over last summer, I did a virtual internship program at Rad Magpie Studio, a nonprofit indie game studio that specializes in supporting underrepresented creators in game design. I spent lots of hours doing character design, learning animation, and working with other college students in creating a vertical slice of a game called Ascend. On top of that, I also volunteered to coach my high school’s color guard team, where I was a captain and rifle line section leader my senior year.


In my free time, I’m playing games with friends, drawing, or watching movies and shows in NQSC’s screening room on weekends. I also stream games and art on Twitch, a live streaming service. I mainly stream League of Legends ranked as well as tournament games, but I also stream art, Stardew Valley, Among Us, and other games with viewers. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #12 (Final): Auditing My Online Social Media Presence

My parents barely use any social media, the only one being WeChat, a Chinese multi-pur pose messaging, social media, and mobile payment app ...